After installing or upgrading to Windows 8/8.1, if you notice that the operating system is not yet activated, it means that you won’t be able to receive the technical support from the Microsoft development team. While using the non-activated version of Windows 8/8.1, you might also notice that you can only use the operating system for a limited period of time, after which the operating system will keep prompting you to activate the Windows in order to enjoy the seamless user experience.
There are several methods using which you can activate your copy of Windows 8/8.1. The easiest method is by providing the appropriate and correct Windows 8/8.1 product key while keeping the Internet connection on so that the key can be authenticated by Microsoft.
In order to activate a non-activated Windows 8/8.1 operating system, you must follow the steps given below:
1. Log on to windows 8/8.1 using administrator account.
2. Click Desktop from the available tiles on the Start screen
3. From the desktop window, click the File Explorer icon from the taskbar.
4. Once clicked, on the This PC window, from the navigation pane in the left, right-click This PC.
5. Click Properties from the displayed context menu.
6. From the System window, under the Windows activation section, click Activate Windows.
7. On the Activate Windows window, click the Enter key icon.
8. On the Enter a product key window, in the Product key field, enter the product key that you received.
9. Once done, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows 8/8.1 activation process.